Welcome Future Participants
Whether you’re a current student, recent graduate, or young professional looking to expand your cultural horizons with an overseas experience, World Internships has a program to fit your needs! Our customized internship placements guarantee to provide you with relevant work experience in your field at an affordable cost.
WI Pillars of Success:
More Than Just an Internship
- Every program will include a welcome orientation to get you settled into your new environment.
- You will get a guided tour of the city and have the opportunity to participate in various excursions and activities.
- Internships in non-English speaking countries will include language instruction to further enrich your experience
Specific details particular to each program can be found under the “What’s Included” section of each webpage.
Interning abroad will not only expand your skillset and knowledge of your field, but you will be learning how your field operates in an international context. This experience will set you apart from others in your field and allow you to think more critically of your field. Each job and internship experience that you have will let you learn more about yourself and what you want from a career – perhaps your internship will be in a large company and you will realize that you value having a big office culture, or perhaps you will realize that you work better independently and so a smaller company will be a better fit for you in the long run. While the internships on our program are unpaid, the experience gained will give you the edge you need to negotiate in future positions.
Applicants are placed depending on their educational and professional background, as well as their personal goals. For this reason, we ask for:
- Unofficial university transcripts so that we can see what relevant courses you may have taken
- Your resume so that you can highlight your past work experience
- A cover letter that explains your reasons for wanting to undertake an internship abroad and what you hope to gain from it
You will then be sent an internship questionnaire prior to your Skype interview, which will allow us to understand the types of companies you want to work for, tasks you would like to perform, and your motivation for the program.
We also take into consideration any other interests so that we can truly tailor your internship to you. For example, perhaps you are looking for a marketing internship and enjoy running as a hobby; if we know of a company that organizes races and needs help marketing, you then have an internship that combines your professional goals with your personal interests! There are millions of companies out there, and every experience you have will help to better define your future career path.